1. Complete the BAP_Volunteer_Application
Read, agree and sign the BAP_Volunteer_Code_of_Conduct
Email both to firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mail printed copies to HCC/BPEC, 1224 Doctors Lane, Fort Collins, CO 80524. You’ll be contacted for an interview. If you’re accepted into the program…
2. …you must complete the following 12 hours of FREE training:
- Traffic Skills (TS) 101 – 8 hours
- Lunch & Learn Presenter Course – 2 hours
- Non-confrontational Communication Class – 2 hours
Training opportunities are posted on our events calendar.
3. Once you’re trained, decide how you’d like to volunteer. Options include:
- Educating Children, Youth & Families through the Safe Routes to School program in Fort Collins and Loveland, Safe Kids Larimer County or during bike skill rodeos we are asked to provide. (NOTE: Background check required; see below.)
- Educating Adults through our Silver Spokes program and Lunch & Learn presentations. We present information relevant to bicyclists and motorists on how to share the roads safely.
- Educating College Students by working with CSU’s Bicycle Advisory Committee and Police Department.
- Hosting Neighborhood Open Garages once a month for your neighbors. (NOTE: Background check required; see below.)
- Educating people through our Community Patrol. We encourage and reward safe cycling behavior, and educate using “teachable moments.” (NOTE: Background check required; see below.)
Some Bicycle Ambassador volunteer opportunities require you to complete and pass a background check. You are responsible for paying the $35 fee. Click here (to initiate and pay for your background check. Enter this access code # when requested: 18457-64014-133084-5015.
Email email@example.com or call 970-495-7503 if you have questions.
The Bicycle Ambassador Program is co-managed by FC Bikes and BPEC.